Find out how to become a yoga teacher from the comfort of your own home. My Vinyasa Practice is one of the original yoga schools offering online yoga teacher training. Our online yoga certifications provide students with a rich curriculum that helps to deepen their personal practice and gain the confidence to teach yoga.
Table of contents:
- Why train with My Vinyasa Practice?
- MVP's 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Alliance Accreditation
Why train with My Vinyasa Practice?
My Vinyasa Practice is the most authentic, accessible, and affordable yoga teacher training available today. Whether you choose to train online or in person in Austin, TX, MVP offers a flexible and supportive learning environment.
We provide qualitative, weekly live training sessions and personalized support seven days a week via chat, email, and call-back, as well as free one-on-one sessions with our support staff.
MVP offers a variety of synchronous learning opportunities across multiple timezones, including Weekly Office Hours, Weekend lectures, 1:1 Meetings with Lead Trainers and Peer Support, Support & Mentorship Sessions with Peer Support, Practice Teaching, Facilitated Learning Tracks, the MVP Online Studio, and other events. (Students are not required to join any specific live offering.)
With access to thousands of hours of live lecture recordings, pre-recorded lectures, and downloadable resources, MVP students have everything they need to deepen their practice and become skilled teachers.
At MVP, we strive to create an inclusive community where students can learn without worrying about accessibility barriers, and we're committed to uplifting the collective consciousness.
MVP's 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Upon successful graduation from MVP's Online 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will be a certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher, eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as 200-hour RYT.
Teachers are eligible to teach private clients, groups, and corporate clients in studios, gyms, retreats, and clinical settings.
All required texts are included in electronic format.
- Subtle Bodies | 10 hours
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali | 10 hours
- The History of Yoga | 10 hours
- Meditation | 30 hours
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology | 20 hours
- Sequencing Vinyasa Flow | 30 hours
- Mudra, Mantra, & Pranayama | 10 hours
- Introduction To Meditation & Yoga Nidra | 10 hours
- Yin & Restorative | 10 hours
- Introduction to Prenatal | 10 hours
- Introduction to Ayurveda | 10 hours
- Business of Yoga | 10 hours
- Practicum | 20 hours
- Mentorship | As needed
Training Hours Breakdown
- 52 Hours of Pre-recorded Video Lectures and Practices in the MVP School
- 48 Hours of Learning Lab (Live Weekend Lectures and Weekly Office Hours)
- 48 Hours of Personal Practice/Community Involvement (self-led and Online Events)
- 40 Hours of Independent Study/MVP Peer Support
- 12 Hours of Practice Teaching/Practicum
The following assessments are required as part of training:
- One written mini-sequence yoga class
- One recorded or written mini-sequence yoga class
- Final Exam (open-book, untimed, and multiple-choice)
- Final Practicum:
- 1-hour recorded or written yoga class
- Final essay (3-5 paragraphs about your experience with your karma class and training)
- 1st Log Sheet: 48 hours of Learning Lab content
- 2nd Log Sheet: 48 hours of personal practice and/or community involvement
Is there a deadline to complete this course?
This course is a self-paced and fully remote course. You can register anytime and work at your own pace.
How long does it take to complete the course?
Although there is no strict deadline to finish this self-paced course, we can provide you with an estimated timeframe for completion:
Most students spend around one week per section to fully comprehend the materials. If this pace aligns with your learning style, you may complete the course in approximately 6-8 weeks.
However, you can take as long as you'd like for each section. If you want to dive deeper into or move through sections faster, you have the flexibility to adjust the course to your learning needs.
Can I see how your courses work?
We would love to invite you to enroll in one of our Free courses to see how our training is laid out.
Discover even more valuable content by visiting our engaging YouTube Channel.
Yoga Alliance Accreditation
My Vinyasa Practice is an international yoga school. We hold accreditation with Yoga Alliance (YogaAlliance.org) as a 200-hour and 300-hour Registered Yoga School, as well as a Registered Prenatal and Children's Yoga School.
Click here for a full article on MVP's Accreditation with Yoga Alliance.
Users may contact MVP's Support for further assistance via the YogiBot widget in the bottom right corner.